105 Massachusetts Ave
Join a panel of experts involved in created Blockchain standards. In this panel we will present the outline of the various standards being represented and discuss applications that will use these standards.
Some questions discussed by the panel are:
What are we trying to standardize?
Will standards inhibit innovation in blockchain?
Will standards allow for data exchange between different blockchains?
How to reach a consensus on blockchain standards?
Our panel represents IEEE standards, and other industry standards groups working to move the technology forward.
Catered Food will be provided! (Salads, pasta, etc.)
6:00 Food and brief introductions / networking
6:15-6:30 – Panel discussion begins
7:30 – Q&A
8:00 – Networking
• Robby Simpson, IEEE SA Corporate Advisory Group (CAG) Chair – Moderator/Intro to Standards Development
• Yu Yuan, IEEE SA Board of Governors (BOG) Member
• Claudio Lima, IEEE P2418.5 Standard in Blockchain Working Group Chair
• Waiting for Proxy from P2418.6 Working Group
• Maria Palombini, IEEE SA Director, Emerging Communities & Opportunities Development, Life Sciences
Meeting Location: 105 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA. Von Hippel Room, MIT Building 13.
It is easier to enter the building on Vassar Street through the courtyard and entre Building 13 that way. Go to the 2nd floor and turn right at the elevators.