3 Forbes Road
Brian Bruce, Applications Engineer, Epoxy Technology, Inc.
Epoxy Technology has investigated the mechanism of thermal conductivity in electrically conductive adhesives. Utilizing laser flash testing and SEM cross sections, we determined how silver flake distribution effects thermal conductivity. Cure, interface, and processing play a significant role in thermal management. This reviews a new laser flash sample preparation methodology that provides more accurate measurement of “in-design” thermal resistance.
Bio: Brian Bruce is the Manager, Applications Engineering Lab with over 9 years of specialized training and experience in epoxy and UV adhesive applications. He has supported numerous Fortune 500 companies in their manufacturing assembly and bonding needs. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from Wheaton College, and currently is employed by Epoxy Technology Inc.
MEETING LOCATION: MIT Lincoln Laboratory, 3 Forbes Rd, Lexington, MA, 02421
5:45PM Light dinner – pizza, salad and beverages
6:00PM Opening and Announcements
6:20PM – 7:30PM Technical Presentation and Q&A
Directions to 3 Forbes Road, Lexington, MA:
• Take Route 128/I-95 to Exit 30B, Route 2A Westbound.
• At the first traffic light, turn left onto Forbes Road.
• Go to the end of the street.
• At the traffic circle, turn right.
• Go halfway around the traffic circle and turn into the parking lot for MIT Lincoln Laboratory
• The main entrance is straight ahead, shared with “agenus”.